4/4/08

Memories......



So, this time last year, was when I resigned from my office duties and took up my fun, real duties---being a mom all the time! Actually, it was on April 24th, but you get the idea. Two days after I resigned, the boys--Andrew and Jack--and I busted out to the East Coast. We did this for many reasons but I am telling you this because there are many pics for April and half of May, just no dates. Therefore, I will start to randomly post them because they are just darling!!

It is funny because I try to remember things like thinking of what we did this time last year, the year before, etc. I have to do this because Andrew can barely remember what we did yesterday, let alone years ago. I also do it because we have only been married for a little over 3 years and so much has happened. Vacations, various friends coming and going, and, please, having a baby......things are just never the same!!--but in a really good way.

Most importantly, I have been reflecting on things I have learned.

**I just figured out that it has been 5 years since I graduated college--that just makes me feel old.

**I have truly realized that you cannot worry about what people think of you--I know everyone knows this, but certain events have to occur for you to really embrace it. Face it, people talk about other people all the time and usually when they have nothing profound to say (yes, I have done this, but I am turning over a whole new leaf).

**It is really important to have good "come to Jesus meetings" with your husband....as in, discussing your hopes, dreams, and areas that need to change or places that you just need to move on from.

**Change is good. Things are always changing...sometimes it is good, sometimes it is too slow, or sometimes it is just the wrong direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's growing up too fast! i can't believe how many words he recognized tonight. thanks for all you do for him. love you, andrew